June 06, 2007

Almost halfway

I turn 35 tomorrow. The last 24hrs have seen two big changes in my life - neither was planned with my birthday in mind, it just occurred that way - and both may lead to a mid life crisis!

Firstly, today I rode my bike to work. I haven't been riding much for a few years but recently decided it was time to get back on the saddle. I expected a lot of pain, but so far I'm alright. The plan is to ride four days a week and catch public transport on the fifth day when I will take a weeks worth of shirts etc into the office. It's great to be back on a bike again!

Secondly, I had my thyroid hormone levels tested last week and got the results yesterday. Everything was fine, but I have raised cholesterol levels. So now for the first time in my life I have to go on a low fat diet.

Doesn't seem that long ago when riding a bike was the norm and dieting was something only other peple had to worry about..........

No comments: